Harold Camping is a Christian radio broadcaster and president of Family Radio. He is the man behind the recent nationwide billboards which warn commuters that The Jesus will return to Earth on May 21, 2011. We talk about his prediction, the Bible, how there are actually 12 hours in a day and not 24, and puppies. Will I be convinced and start believing in God and The Jesus? You will have to listen to find out.
There are a few things I’d like to make note of about this interview.
- Here is the interview I referred to regarding the International Date Line.
- Here is Eternal Earthbound Pets, which we did not discuss but is totally relevant.
- The third voice you hear popping in a couple times to clarify things between Camping and me is Tom Evans, Mr Camping’s media contact guy.
- The vacuum cleaner you can hear from time to time is on Camping’s end. Apparently they are still vacuuming the floors a week and a half before the rapture.
- Towards the end we were disconnected. I don’t know why, but you’ll hear an indication of that when you get to it.
- The question about faith and Christianity refers to the story of doubting Thomas. And by that I mean the story from John 20, especially verse 29 – not the Skinny Puppy side project.
- I know this was a pretty softball interview, especially by BEAST standards, and I had a lot more critical questions, but they mostly depended on him accepting that he hypothetically could be wrong, and he was not willing to do that.
Music is by Pigface and is used with permission.
You can subscribe to the BEASTcast by using this link in iTunes or any other podcast subscription software.