Because the MSM cannot figure it out
So, James O’Keefe got some NPR people to say that liberals are smarter than conservatives and that Tea Partiers are sometimes racists. Big scoop. Those are just facts, known-knowns, and the undercover sting revealed very little regarding what NPR execs know about right-wing lunatics.
Comparisons between O’Keefe and Murphy have abounded of late, but we’re here to clear up why our pranks are so much better than his and why that kid sucks:
- We don’t edit our documentation out of context in order to give the impression that the subject said the opposite of what was intended.
- When we fail, we’re at least honest about it.
- We’re not funded by a wealthy closet case who makes his money from the very “big media” he claims to despise.
- We’re funny.
- We go after both Democrats and Republicans.
- We intentionally give out “tells” to our marks which give them an opportunity to catch on that they’re being fooled in order to maximize hilarity, while O’Keefe stays deeply in character in order to maximize his chances of succeeding. We are gentlemen.
- We’re not motivated by racism, homophobia or other general dickishness.
- We’ve been denounced by the Society of Professional Journalism, an institution with zero credibility, as where they’ve never mentioned O’Keefe.
- We don’t break the law, and we have no working relationship with extremist astro-turf groups.
- When we pull off a damning stunt, which reveals illegal and unethical behavior on the part of our victim, that person faces few–if any–consequences; when O’Keefe pulls crap, which reveals nothing, his victims run away with their tails between their legs. (Our victims are terrible fools; his are well-meaning idiots.)
- Our pranks have Adonis DNA–they’re rock stars from Mars. We are winning. We are winning!